Happy Hump Day, everyone! Today’s post is the second of my 3-part skincare series, highlighting the products used in my nighttime routine. This photo shows the products I use (almost) every night. Clearly, I spend the most time on my skin before bed!
You MUST take off your makeup and wash your face EVERY night! No if, ands, or buts! Then, apply your skincare products in order from lightest consistency to thickest. For example in my routine, I wash, tone, then use serums, facial oil, night cream and eye cream.
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Oil ($16 for 6oz) – I was given a sample of this in one of the Target Beauty Boxes and fell in love! It is great for taking off eye makeup and the best part is that it doesn’t sting at all!
- Avon Eye Makeup Remover Lotion ($1.99 NOW! for 2oz) – Before trying the Burt’s Bees Oil, this was my go-to eye makeup remover. It works like a charm and is soooo affordable! No need to splurge on a more expensive product for something as simple as taking your makeup off!
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash ($14 for 8.4oz) – I am pretty open when it comes to face washes actually. This was one I purchased a bit ago from Ulta and it has lasted me forever so I’ve stuck with it. In the past I have used ones from L’Oreal, Olay, etc. and find that you can easily find a quality face wash for any skincare need you may have at a drugstore price. Feel free to leave a comment in the bottom of the blog if you’d like a specific recommendation for your skin type!
- Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion (toner) ($15 for 80z) – I have recently started using toner after washing my face per the instructions of my facialist. This should prevent so many clogged pores and acne I hope!
- Nip + Fab Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum ($20 for 1.69oz) – This brand of products is good quality and often on “buy one, get one 1/2 off” sale at Ulta. This serum has hyaluronic acid for plumping skin, velvet flower for moisturizing, and “dragon’s blood” which I’m pretty sure is not a real thing so I’m going to ignore that ingredient LOL!
- Tarte Maracuja Oil ($48) – This is my favorite facial oil, I’m obsessed! And don’t you dare shy away from this just because you have oily skin! Your skin type actually needs facial oils in order to stop feeling like it needs to produce so much oil of its own. It sounds backwards, but I promise it is not! Oils and moisturizer are just important for oily skin as they are for dry skin!
- Nip + Fab Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix ($20 for 1.7oz) – As I already mentioned, this brand is very affordable and good quality. This night gel contains retinol (an anti-aging must!), hyaluronic acid, and some BS “viper venom” ingredient that I am also choosing to ignore haha!
- Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cream ($55 for 1.7oz) – This moisturizer is seriously a godsend. Yes, it is pricey, but it is glorious! I try to use it anytime my skin feels especially “thirsty” and I want to feel pampered. It is so lightweight yet luxurious feeling. I definitely recommend trying this if you see a sale!
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Blemish Fade Night Lotion ($20 for 1oz) – This is another brand Ulta often has on “buy one, get one 1/2 off.” I bought this together with the face wash and I do like the duo. They get the job done at an affordable price. This is a nice night lotion, however I’m not too sure it actually fades any of my blemishes.
- Avène Eye and Lip Contour Care ($4o for 0.5oz) – I had never heard of this brand, but one of my friends from Canada who reps dermatological products gave me this and I am always down to try some new, free skincare obviously! This seems like a pricey brand and that makes sense to me based on the quality I notice. I use this lightweight formula on my under eyes every night. She also gave me a night cream which was nice too, but the pump broke 😦
For a list of the other skincare brands I love, please see Part 1 of the series focusing on Morning Skincare!
Thanks for reading everyone, hope you had a wonderful holiday long weekend! Please “like” this post if you enjoyed it, and comment if you use some other great products you think I need to try!