Hey babes! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! The other day I came across a Glamour article sharing the 25 best-selling items at Ulta Beauty this year. I asked on my Instagram story if you guys wanted me to do a post about this list and you said yes, so here it is! Here are the top 25 products sold this year and my thoughts on each:
1. Benefit Roller Lash ($24) – I like this mascara, although I still think They’re Real is the best Benefit mascara. My all-time favorite is the Loreal Telescopic Carbon Black, so I say you can pass on this more expensive one.
2. Dose of Colors Matte Lipstick ($18) – I haven’t tried this, but I know lots of beauty vloggers love these formulas. Worth a try if there’s a sale or coupon!
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Sun Dipped Glow Kit ($40) – I haven’t tried these, but they’re super popular. They were just on sale 40% off during Black Friday, so maybe wait for another big sale to try!
4. MAC Matte Lipstick ($17.50) – This may be hard to believe but I’ve never been a big MAC fan. I’ve never even tried their lipsticks, but they’re very popular!
5. It Cosmetics Airbrush Complexion Perfection Brush ($24) – I haven’t tried this specific brush, but It Cosmetics makes great brushes.
6. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer ($29) – This is one of the most popular concealers, but I prefer Shape Tape over everything!
7. Jaclyn Hill x Morphe Eye Shadow Palette ($38) – This sold so well when it released! Reviews are good and the color range is great, but I’ve never seen it myself.
8. Ulta x Melisa Michelle Palette ($20) – This palette looks beautiful and gets great reviews! The colors are right up my alley, but I already own similar colors.
9. Tarte Shape Tape Concealer ($27) – My ride or die concealer, I cannot recommend this enough!!
10. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream ($6.49) – I love this formula and highly recommend it. A very comfortable matte lippie 🙂
11. Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover ($19) – I know some ladies who love this stuff! I’ve never tried it, I generally stick to less expensive options like micellar water.
12. Dermalogica PreCleanse ($42) – This is a cleansing oil that gets great reviews on Ulta.com. I’ve never tried it, but I do love cleansing oils, especially for double cleansing.
13. OPI Classic Nail Lacquer ($11) – OPI makes great nail polishes, but I prefer my Impress Press-On Manicures!
14. Ulta Gel Eyeliner ($8) – I’ve never heard of anyone using this, or really any of the Ulta brand makeup, but now I’m intrigued. I’m very pick about my eyeliner though and my favorite will always be the It Cosmetics No-Tug Gel Eyeliner or Marc Jacobs Highliner.
15. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, & Rosewater ($7) – My favorite facial spray! This stuff is so refreshing to spray on a hot day, to set your makeup, or just for a quick pick-me-up anywhere! I keep one at home, one in my car, and one at work. I also love keeping it in the fridge for a cooling spritz!
16. It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream ($48) – This is a great, thick moisturizer that I love for using at night to lock in the hydration. I say wait to buy it when you have an Ulta 20% off coupon or during an It Cosmetics Friend & Family Sale.
17. Clarisonic Mia 2 Cleansing System ($170) – I use my Clarisonic about once a week in the shower and it’s a great way to get a deep clean and light exfoliation. However, I think there are less expensive ways to get the same job done!
18. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair ($95) – This is a great serum, however there’s plenty of less expensive options out there.
19. Memebox I Dew Care Disco Kitten Illuminating Diamond Peel-Off Mask ($23) – I’ve never heard of or seen this product or brand! Now I’m intrigued….leave me a comment if you know anything about it!
20. Pureology Hydrate Shampoo ($28) – I have a sample of this one, but haven’t tried it yet. I hear great things about Pureology shampoo and conditioners though and I’m told this one smells like delicious peppermint!
21. Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray ($19) – I haven’t tried this one, but my favorite hairspray is….
22. Tigi Bed Head Masterpiece Shine Hairspray ($23) – …this one! I LOVE this hairspray! It’s my favorite “high-end” one (my favorite drugstore is the Pantene Airspray.) Ulta has this one on major sale often, so wait until then and you can get it for $8-10 instead of 23!
23. Dyson Supersonic Limited Edition Holiday Bundle ($399.99) – I haven’t tried this hair dryer, but professional hairdressers are obsessed with it! Made by the famous luxury vacuum cleaner brand, this hair dryer is supposed to cut drying time down a ton!
24. Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo ($22) – I’ve been wanting to try this one because I know it is very loved. My favorite drugstore dry shampoo is the Dove Refresh + Care.
25. Redken One United ($22) – This product is supposed to be a all-in-one type of treatment with 25 different benefits. I’m pretty intrigued, I’d love to hear if you’ve tried this what you thought!
Have a great week, babes! xo, Nicole